Monday, June 1, 2020

today and tomorrow/June 1






Trevor Noah
Please take the time to listen to this.  Noah takes the jumble of thoughts and emotions that we are experiencing and puts them in an order.  Explains. Makes it clear. No solutions yet.  But organized thinking is a start.  And thanks Bill for sending it.

Sara Paretsky



I decided to dive into one of Sara Paretsky's novels featuring her great character: V. I. Warshawski.  V.I. lives in a perpetual state of moral outrage.   (Which suits my mood.) She's acutely aware that it's not always a welcome trait.  I like that honesty.
Sara Paretsky lives in Chicago and includes all of the local color in her stories.  I met her once at a rally for Chuy Garcia when he ran against Rahm. More to like about her.

1 comment:

  1. I really love her books and have so much fun trying to identify places she writes about. I've met her at her book talks at Women and children first-- great book store. She always goes there she says because they were the first to take a chance on her work.

    ReplyDelete