Tuesday, June 9, 2020

today and tomorrow/June 9


I asked Melinda, who was on the front lines with the NLG during the pipeline protests, what she is engaged in now.  Hats off to you my friend.  I am proud to know you.

"Re: the NLG.  We have been very involved in supporting and participating in the Black Lives Matter protests.  We have legal observers at many of the demonstrations.  We wear a green hat to identify ourselves.  One legal observer was beaten and arrested by the police.  We have a hotline so that people can call in to report arrests, police beatings and inquire about arrests and give us information regarding what they saw.  And we are coordinating legal representation for the over 1200 people arrested.  We put out a call for volunteer attorneys and over 400 attorneys have volunteered to represent people." 

Double Infinity
I am 88 today.  Lisa calls the number "double infinity."   The sunrise this morning was the most spectacular yet.  Phyllis invited me over for lunch.  Bill painted a picture for me of Belmont and Broadway when he was in his stroller.  He got all of the stores right.  I've seen a lot with a little more left to see.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Joan! You are an example to follow in terms of your interest, curiosity and intellectual engagement, Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete