Tuesday, June 23, 2020

today and tomorrow/June 23


Trevor Noah
He has been so eloquent in his interviews about racism that I forgot how funny he is.  When I saw his latest standup promoted on Netflix, I sat down to watch.  Son of Patricia was my favorite.  I couldn't stop laughing.  Hope you’ll take a look.

Sara Saves the Park
I just finished reading the latest Sara Paretsky novel, Dead Land.  It wasn’t as good as some of the earlier ones but she gives us the Chicago flavor every time.  The plot involves a big money attempt to privately develop along the lakefront.  A subtle dig at the Obama non-library?  Park wars are so Chicago.

The Reader
I have a spot in my heart for the free entertainment paper.  I met my favorite love via one of the personal ads.  It's no surprise that it's going through hard times and now it's going to bi-weekly status.  Sad.

1 comment:

  1. I also love Trever Noah. I think he's the smartest and funniest of the comedians I know. Have also read The Reader since I moved here 38 years ago Found my first apartment here through it.

    ReplyDelete