Thursday, June 18, 2020

today and tomorrow/June 18



I’m back!  My genius therapist Gary used his bag of tricks on me successfully.  It was a combination of hot paraffin, sonic wand, massage, and his good company. 

My Nebraska friend Colleen is reading White Fragility by Robin Diangelo. She finds it very thoughtful.  And, I think a lot of people agree because it’s become a best seller with lots of buzz.

Bill sent me one of his paintings for my birthday.  It is a cityscape capturing the look at feel of Belmont and Broadway when we walked those streets daily.  Everything of course has changed there except for Nettlehorst, his grammar school.  I’m glad the ghosts of budding lives are still allowed to roam the same halls and playground undisturbed.

Speaking of the past, my niece and nephew and have been asking me for memories.  I wish I could accommodate their curiosity more thoroughly but we are a family of well kept secrets and most things left unsaid.  I did send some stories and opinions keeping in mind that history is like a kaleidoscope —   a jumble of impressions which change at every turn.


1 comment: