Friday, June 5, 2020

today and tomorrow/June 5


Grant Park Music Festival
There is going to be a virtual one. On the radio!  In partnership with WFMT.  I'm going to sit on
 one of the park benches behind my building and listen on my walkman.  Life is good.  I sent the email.

Great News
The libraries are opening next week!  I will return the two books I’ve been keeping safe at home these last months.  And, I will check to see if the ones I had on order will show up soon.  In the meantime, thank you ebooks!  The day I hooked up my kindle with the library was one of my best days last year.

Baseball. . . one way or another
The Edgewater Historical Society is having a zoom meeting tomorrow, June 6:  "The Top 10 Events in Chicago Baseball History."  Of course, number one for me is the White Sox World Series win in 2005.  I am emailing.

The earth
Sunrise . . . sunset.  They are lovely now.  Hope you can see them.  
P.S. There's always a seat for you near the window on the 26th floor.


1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for the Grant Park concert schedule. For some reason I hadn't seen it yet. I will mourn truly not being able to be there in person with my special bottle of rose from Macy's along with their special snack box--all for $14.00 AND a $20 gift certificate! What a deal that was for the last two summers. Friends and I had such a wonderful time. Oh well, I'll just have to enjoy it with a lesser bottle of wine and hors d'oeuvres in my back yard. Not to be deterred.

    ReplyDelete