Wednesday, May 6, 2020

today and tomorrow/May 6



Sophie
When Sophie told me that she was writing about the Hungry Monks as her latest free lance gig for the National Catholic Reporter, I said that sounded like a rock group.  The truth: It’s another great story about who shows up when needed.  Congratulations Sophie for tracking it all down and letting us know.
Here’s the story:
-- 

Habits
I never saw my mother without makeup.  I carried it forward.  The nurses in the ICU laughed when they discovered that I came to the emergency room with a heart attack and a fully stocked makeup kit.  So yes.  Even alone in the lockdown and even with a mask for when I go beyond my door, I go through the day with my face paint in place.  I like it that way.

Just Asking
Am I supposed to accept death now as my civic duty?

No comments:

Post a Comment