Friday, May 8, 2020

today and tomorrow/May 8

Frontier Women
As soon as they became necessary my great friend Trudy brought out her 100 year old sewing machine, gathered materials and started making masks.  She gives them away where needed. When I asked for another, she sent me this story.

Sorry I haven't done anything about your masks yet. I actually took my machine in for a repair over the weekend. I read about a 7th grade math teacher in Wilmette who repairs sewing machines as a hobby. 
Yes,  the machine weighs 50 pounds and I was only able to get it to her porch but she took it from there and did a beautiful job of repairing it in two days.
Lovely!

The Atlantic
I love the emails I get from my favorite magazine.  If you're looking for stuff to watch, scroll down to "20 undersung crime shows" and see which ones are new to you.  The list includes my all time favorite : Rectify.  I'm sending it along today.

3 comments:

  1. who knew during the pandemic someone could take their sewing machine in to be fixed, albeit it's use as a mask-maker

    ReplyDelete