Wednesday, May 20, 2020

today and tomorrow/May 20

McEnroe vs. Borg in a classic tie breaker


Tennis
Now that The Last Dance has waltzed off with enormous ratings, we sports starved fans are speculating about what's next.  MLB and the NBA are trying to figure something out.  So far, nothing plausible.

In the meantime, we're back to  a lineup of "classic" match ups from yesteryear.  I've been looking without success for tennis.  With the proper set up and context, I'm sure there would be an audience for the epic encounters the game provides.  The French Open was supposed to happen soon.  How about a replay of Raphael Nadal, the greatest "dancer" on clay?

The Virtual Universe
The Chicago Humanities Festival is carrying on.  I just received a notice, which I'm passing along, about upcoming events.  

The Earth
A gorgeous sunrise over the lake this morning.  Helps calm me down.

No comments:

Post a Comment