Monday, May 18, 2020

today and tomorrow/May 18

Are You Podcasting?
I love listening to podcasts.  Lots of interviews.  Great commentary.  There are so many podcasts out there I have no idea how to sort out the good ones.  So, if you are podcasting, please send me your favorites.
Jill LePore fans will be happy to know about The Last Archive.  I haven't listened to it yet, so if you get there first, give me your opinion.

Bill recommends the book Hiding in Plain Sight by Sarah Kendzior and Andrea Chalupa.  He says it's not conspiracy, it's deep investigative journalism.  And of course, the authors have a podcast: Gaslit Nation.
I found these podcasts on itunes.

My hometown favorite podcaster is Ben Joravsky.  The name probably rings a bell because he has been writing for The Reader forever.  He knows everything, and I mean everything, about Chicago politics.  And he is obsessed with the Bulls.  While The Last Dance has been playing on ESPN and the whole country has been watching, Ben had wonderful interviews with Craig Hodges (blackballed ex-Bull) and Steve James (Hoop Dreams).
You can find Ben on You Tube, or The Reader or Sun-Times sites.

There's no one better at recommending great investigations than Mike Lynn.  I love reading the stuff he posts on Facebook.

1 comment:

  1. Jill Lepore's history of the United States should not be missed: https://www.amazon.com/These-Truths-History-United-States-ebook/dp/B07BLKWBYT

    ReplyDelete