Tuesday, May 12, 2020

today and tomorrow/May 12


The Earth Fights Back
Residents of Amsterdam are rejoicing that they have their city back.  They are no longer over run by tourists who treat the city like a temporary amusement.  The explosion of Air B and B's in residential neighborhoods made it even more unbearable.  I’m sure that natives of Barcelona, Venice and other “prime destinations” feel the same way.  What happens next remains to be seen.

The Great Realization is a bedtime story for our times.  It is lovely. Thanks again to Julia for her discerning eye on the internet.  I am emailing it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nw5KQMXDiM4 

Choices
My friend Lail’s granddaughter has been living in Germany.  She came back to Los Angeles when Trump threatened travel.  Now?  She is going back.  She told Lail:  “The jobs are opening up, the cost of living is lower than in LA, and there is free health care.”

2 comments:

  1. I'm sure you are right about the plague of tourists. Unfortunately, I am one such tourist who wishes she could travel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm amazed more at the hours Joan and Melinda keep! 3:18am and 4:25! When do you sleep??

    ReplyDelete