Tuesday, May 26, 2020

today and tomorrow/May 26





Sports Talk and Thoughts
I was listening to my favorite sports talkers.  They agreed that if Wrigley Field opened for a game with no restrictions it would fill up.  One caller boasted:  "I'm not afraid of any virus!" I thought:  "Then why don't you go work at a hospital or a nursing home?"  Then I thought: "What if all of the “essential” workers that keep these fans propped up went on strike?"  “We’re not going to put our lives in danger anymore!”  
We have a choice: develop a sense of community or die from selfishness.



Sports Starved
In the absence of sports, there's still a lot of writing.  Carole sent this article about Gehrig and Ruth from the New Yorker.  I was glad to learn more about Gehrig.  His heroic departure from the game (and life itself) has overwhelmed important memories of the man.
I am emailing the article.

Proposal
Sophie stopped by to visit, bring me some of her delicious baking,  and . . . to show me her engagement ring!  After she left I sat quietly for a long time.  I wanted to keep thinking about her happiness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment