Sunday, April 26, 2020

today and tomorrow/April 26



Tony Judt



Gerry's new blog
This time he addresses the big questions as he remembers a life-defining friend.  I'm sending the blog  via email.

Tony Judt
Tony Judt was a writer and teacher who also asked and examined the big questions.  He was a great contributor to the New York Review of Books.  I have his book Postwar in my kindle and I read it a few chapters at a time.  Judt's life was cut short by Lou Gehrig's Disease in 2010.  A giant loss.  I'm emailing his writing on Albert Camus's The Plague.

Sorry, Andrew Cuomo
I didn't mean to do it this way but I quit New York at exactly the wrong time.  I'm talking about relinquishing my 50+ year subscription to The New Yorker magazine.  The price got too high and settling for online made me sad.  Lail stepped up and mailed me her recent copies.  What a great friend!

Bonnie's Novel
 it was the best of times; it was the worst of times.  hello dolly.  goodbye columbus.

1 comment:

  1. One of my favorite books. I read it once when I was 18, then again, in my 30's and again more recently in my 70's. It has said different things to me at each age, but always relevant and important.

    ReplyDelete