Wednesday, April 8, 2020

today and tomorrow/April 8




Touchdown
My specialized nerdiness involves being interested in brainiac sports figures.  This past week the name, Myron Rolle, M.D., keeps coming up.  And for good reason.  I remember him when he was a star football player who left the game to become a Rhodes Scholar.  And now he is a neurosurgery resident at Harvard Medical School/Massachusetts General Hospital.  He is fighting the virus with all of the agility he displayed on the field.  Wikipedia says he is the “second smartest athlete.”  Of course I looked up to see who was the “smartest.”  No, I’m not going to tell you.  You have plenty of time now and if you read this all the way to this point, you too are nerd enough to find out for yourself.  

Warm Swarm
It was a gorgeous day here yesterday.  The kind of day in April when I would put down the top of my Oldsmobile convertible and feel alive with spring.  I got a lovely Easter card from my friend Camille and her sister.  Another sign of renewal.  On this sunny day we can’t go over to the beach because too many jerks insisted on playing games and ruined it for the rest of us. So I usually walk in the park behind my building.   I felt nervous today.  Too many people. Coming close.  They are not at the “jerk" stage yet,  but beautiful weather messes with adjusting to the bad state we are in.  Tomorrow I will head out early. 

3 comments:

  1. Nice column. I go out early in the morning when there are less people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I stayed home yesterday and spent a lot of time on my back deck. Didn't want to compete with all the covid deniers out there. Did you really have an Oldsmobile convertible???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes Trudy. It was an Oldsmobile Cutlass. I don't remember the exact year. Best car ever!

    ReplyDelete