Thursday, April 30, 2020

Today and tomorrow/April 30





A Golden Coffin
It is especially cruel for the seniors who sold their homes and moved into the luxurious living facilities in and around Chicago.  These are places with every amenity: spacious dining rooms, exercise facilities, lectures, games, movies, gardens. Now, when I talk to Ruth, she is deeply sad.  Confined to her apartment, food brought to her door.  No visitors.  It’s a little better for Lori.  She is allowed to leave her complex and come back. 

Love in the Time of Corona
My friend Lail and her companion Dick found a happier solution.  He broke out of the confinement of his senior home and moved in with Lail.  I’m sure it was an adjustment for them both, but if love finds a way, isn’t that worth everything?


Julia’s idea for face mask company name:  “Let’s Face It”.

Goat Wars
I got some blowback from Jim supporting his home town "bad boys."  My Detroit sports loyalty goes only to the Tigers -- my childhood friends.  I reminded my nephew that Chicago forgives Michael for everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment