Saturday, April 4, 2020

today and tomorrow/April 4

The Housewife Years
Does any of today remind you of when you were home taking care of the babies?  Long phone conversations with your homebound friends; a walk in the park is the event of the day; knitting; pouring over cookbooks; TV workout show; favorite programs you never miss.
The sameness.

The Earth Pipes Up --an Update
The shutdown of transportation systems and general human activity means the earth is shaking less.  Without human noise, it gives scientists a chance to study the earth more closely.

Who Profits?
Harry Truman caught the eye of Roosevelt and the party powerful because he successfully led a wartime effort to control war profiteering.  Arthur Miller wrote "All My Sons."

2 comments:

  1. So, no, I don't remember that time period, but I wonder how true the gender breakdown is today re: raising the babies etc.?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have one from the early 50s, from my first mother-in-law who gave it me in the early 70s. And it was a little tattered then--and today in 2020 even more so but i still have it. One of my favorite recipes in it? Clam dip to be served with potato chips!

    ReplyDelete