Wednesday, April 15, 2020

today and tomorrow/April 15



The Check
No, it hasn’t shown up in my bank account yet but it’s already giving me too much to think about.  And, God knows, we have plenty of time to think over everything more than once, don’t we?

Should I give the $1200 to a food bank?  Or other currently worthy cause?  My life doesn’t depend on the money.  Should I put a tiny dent in my towering frivolous wish list? Or should I save it for a last moment of largesse in case I succumb to a corona induced cough and depart?

My Easter Table . . . Delivered!
I couldn’t believe it when Sophie told me she was bringing over ham and au gratin potatoes.
They came from Patrick’s mother. Its appearance is a delicious mystery.

What Do the Humanities Do in a Crisis?
Thanks Stuart for sending this very searching essay.  I’m going to read it over again.  There is so much here.  And, I will forward it to our friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment