Tuesday, March 31, 2020

today and tomorrow/March 31


Are You Watching Him?

Andrew Cuomo is evidence of strange times.  He stayed in the back of the minds of even the most devoted political junkies until this moment.  Until his leadership made it his moment.  Somehow he was  able to stifle his "inner jerk" and find an "inner Churchill." 
I find myself leaning on him to get through the day.

Julia

Today is another day when I look at my calendar and see a date I was looking forward to:  lunch with my friend Julia.  I came to know her when she was my boss.  For anyone who was around me during my working years, you know how unlikely it would be for me to like my boss!  We've stayed in touch over the years.  Sometimes Annie joins us.  Annie was my colleague in Julia's department and feels the same way I do.  

Julia sent a poem for me to pass along. You can find it at: alp@poetryfoundation.org
Annie, who is now a librarian, recommends these ebooks:  Maisie Dobbs mysteries.  Also Rennie Airth's River of Darkness.  They are both English mysteries about the aftermath of WWI.

No comments:

Post a Comment