Saturday, March 28, 2020

today and tomorrow/March 28


My Last Census

I counted myself in the 2020 census today.  I have no clue how I became KPW4-RVZT-QHGK (very hard to pronounce) but that’s me. And, I’ve never understood why I have to identify myself according to race.  I think the last time I entered “human race.”  I wonder how many of those they get?  Anyway, I’m still here for this one and happy about that.

Tax Time. . . then the Tunes

Laurie just finished doing her own taxes!  She wants us to know that FREE TAX USA is "super easy."  Now she has time to watch the Broadway Coronavirus Medleys on You Tube.

Landscapes

Forced inside, our favorite photographer Stuart, is exploring inner landscapes.  He is reading From Bacteria to Bach and Back: The Evolution of Minds by Daniel Dennett. And, Big Sky, by Kate Atkinson.

Who Steps Up
Have you noticed how so many big name sports stars stepped right up to help out the stadium workers and to contribute to relief efforts?   (Drew Brees brought Hoda to tears.)  With the laudable exception of Mark Cuban, are the billionaire owners just being quiet or are they MIA? 

Let's Chat

When my kids were babies and we young moms were stuck at home, we spent a lot of time talking on the phone with our friends.  We would light up our cigarettes and get comfortable.  I’m not sure when everything turned to email.  All I know is that whenever my phone rang these past few years, it was more likely a robocall.  Now, when it gets too quiet, give me a call and I will do the same.


No comments:

Post a Comment