Sunday, March 22, 2020

Today and Tomorrow/March 22





Sophie


Sophie, my Catholic Church guru, (oops! maybe I shouldn't use those two words next to each other) has written an article in The National Catholic Reporter.  Congratulations Sophie on getting the gig and doing such a great job.

*If this link doesn't work, please google.  I haven't completely figured this out yet.

I Love Libraries

One of my favorite books last year was The Library Book by Susan Orlean.  She investigates the fire at the Los Angeles public library and takes off from there.

So this is a real tough one.  The libraries are closing.  I wrote a heartfelt thank you and goodbye  to Mark, my local librarian.

My branch, Bezazian, opened January 26, 1957. (Maybe that's why it looks like a ranch house in Skokie.)  The branch is named for Harold A. Bezazian, the son of Armenian immigrants and an aspiring writer, who enlisted in World War II and became a hero.

I have two books at home.  They will wait to return…and so will I.






eBooks
BookBub has a "free" offer.  Trudy saw it at nytimes.com.  Thanks!
*see above

I'm gathering more information about ebooks.  Please send me your reviews or recommendations.  More to come...



No comments:

Post a Comment