Wednesday, March 25, 2020

today and tomorrow/March 25

Bury the Virus!
Bill sent this from his yard. I hope this late March blizzard in upstate New York acts like a virus killing avalanche.


The South has other good ideas.  Thanks Florida Marilyn for this.


My other dear Marilyn, the massage therapist, had to close her doors last Friday,  She is hoping for government relief for small business owners.  

Because of my  subscription to the New York Review of Books, they sent me an email reminding me of Susan Sontag’s famous essay:  Disease as Political Metaphor.  I’m sure you can find it easily.  I was surprised to see it was written way back in 1978.

Myles sent me a series of haunting photos of Chicago.  I am sending them direct via email.  
You will want to see these. 

Craig's book recommendation reminded me of how much we love this character -- Olive Kitteridge.  Olive Again is another glimpse of her.  If you've made it to the last page, you know why you're still thinking about this book.

Zoom
Lail laughed when she saw her notebook right by the front door where she put it to go to her Ollie class at Northwestern.  Of course, it was going to take place right in her home.  She figured out how to install Zoom and led the class on Monday.  Victory is sweet!



No comments:

Post a Comment