Friday, July 3, 2020

today and tomorrow/July 3


Andersonville Comes Back to Life
Good news! Notices arrived that Women and Children First Bookstore is launching a limited opening.  The Edgewater Historical Society is also coming back. Not so good news: two many people are crowded next to sidewalk diners along Clark Street.  I'm going to limit my outdoor breakfasts or lunches to off-hours and stay away from busy streets.

Julia wants us to notice that minimum wage workers got raises. Remember when fast food giants were able to pay so little by claiming that most of the jobs went to teenagers?  (Like getting an allowance?)  I still can't wrap my mind around having to fight for $15 an hour.

Bill sent an article (I'm emailing) about what Natalie's peers are up to now.  She still doesn't know if school will open this fall for her senior year. 

Are you going to watch Hamilton?

No comments:

Post a Comment