Wednesday, July 1, 2020

today and tomorrow/July 1


Bonnie, Molly and I sat for hours in the shade at the Athena Restaurant in Greektown.  What a treat to get out, sample the delicious food and listen to Bonnie give me her spin on all things political.  And what a spin she delivers!  I'm emailing her latest "Mom, I'm a little Poignant" blog so you can find out for yourself.

Bill’s movie Burnt Orange Heresy was supposed to open in Chicago the weekend that the theaters closed as part of the March lockdown.  When he told me that they’re going to try again in August, I thought: “Okay.  Good luck.  I’ll tell all my friends.  But, we’ll see.”

Bill just sent an article written by his old colleague Tom Brueggmann: What if Moviegoing is No Longer Fun?  Will it be fun to wear a mask for two hours? (How do you eat your popcorn?)  Can they keep the theaters clean enough?  The whole thing is very iffy.

Sony Classics, the distributors, are clinging to the idea of a theatrical release.  Like I said, “We’ll see.”






No comments:

Post a Comment