Tuesday, July 14, 2020

today and tomorrow/July 14


Ladies Who Lunch
I met my friend Trudy for lunch yesterday.  No, it wasn't at Sel Marie, our favorite restaurant in Lincoln Square.  It was on a bench in the park at Damen and Foster.  Trudy rode over on her bike.  She brought a gorgeous salad.  I drove and had a McDonald's burger in my bag.  Oh well.

The important thing is we had a great time visiting.  Catching up on our latest opinions and observations.  Pondering the present and the future. 

When Lisa was over the other day, we wondered what would stay changed in the virus afterlife.  I can see the bench/lunch as a welcome addition.  Not at all a burden. 


2 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed our lunch together. In the world of covid isolation, is a welcome relief to have found a safe way to see friends. I love talking about the state of the world with you. There are always a lot of laughter and reality in a conversation with you my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i knew about this lunch you had, but for some reason when you said here you didn't go to sel marie but instead to the park and sat on a bench i really got a chuckle!! very funny line. sounds good. what did you guys bring to eat/drink???

    ReplyDelete