Tuesday, July 21, 2020

today and tomorrow/July 21



This is Happening

I just wrote my friend Bonnie, who lives downtown: "If you and Molly want to come here for the weekend, I will definitely make room for you."  The word is that the "storm troopers" are coming to Chicago.  What kind of reception will they receive?  Is "safety" an illusion?

Michelle Goldberg has a stunning article about this in the New York Times today.  I thank Elaine for posting important reading every day on Facebook.

Memo to Stuart:  I could sure use some of those gorgeous pix from Arizona right about now.

Keeping Sane

I am binge watching a high class soap called A Place to Call Home.  1950's Australia.  The plot involves the aftermath of the war in a small town down under and good old fashioned family drama.  It's on Acorn.


1 comment:

  1. I found the op ed by Michelle Gold
    berg to be terrifying. It made me feel that Covid or not I would Have to join the protest. Is that akin to "dying" for one's country? I'm really more worried for our country now than ever before.

    ReplyDelete