Thursday, January 4, 2024

New Year Buddha


 I'm  going to have coffee this afternoon with my friend Soo.  I like to check in with her every so often to get the Buddhist perspective.  Does a new year mean anything to those who focus on "the big picture?"  Does "t'was ever thus" prevail?

Soo likes to go to retreats.  Silent meditation.  Buddhist teaching.  I like this idea of "quieting the mind."  It is one of those goals that is always beyond my reach.  I think my quest is a lazy one.  I admit I'm probably satisfied with my noisy mind.

Phyllis gave me a little Buddha a few years ago when I had a heart attack.  It is on the shelf above my desk.  Whenever I dust there, I like to hold it for a second or two.

I'm sure Soo would understand.


1 comment:

  1. Your non quiet mind is a sign of how engaged you are in so many areas. I do try to take several mini-mind breaks a day by doing some deep breathing 😊Camille

    ReplyDelete