Friday, June 28, 2024

Grandma Duncan


 

Grandma Duncan's husband (my mother's father) was long gone before I was born.  No one talked about him and I never thought to ask.  She was what they call now a "single mother." She worked in the alteration department of the B.R. Baker Company, Toledo, Ohio, men's clothing.  Her job was called seamstress.

I bet she never thought of it this way but sewing was her special talent.  She made beautiful doll clothes for my Shirley Temple.  There was a patchwork quilt that was the kind they hang in museums today. Natural talent has a way of showing up in small places among the unrecognized.

When my mother wasn't around, she let us have pie for breakfast.


3 comments:

  1. Joan, you have captured some interesting and loving family members. What nice memories to pass on to your own grandchildren.
    💞Camille

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who’s in the pic???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I go to Google Images and enter the subject. There are stock photos for just about everything.

      Delete