Tuesday, December 14, 2010

You Become Who You Say You Are





When I wrote the other day: "you are now an entrepreneur", I was speaking from personal experience. After many jobs that did not satisfy my creativity, a dear friend, who was also a career counselor, asked me: "What would be your ideal job? What would you like to do?" When I said" "Something that involves writing", she replied: "So now, you are a writer. Whenever someone asks you what you do, you reply "I am a writer." Then, she said, "Start writing. Write something everyday."

Eventually, I turned that life-changing advice into a career as a copywriter and a free-lance writer. I never turned back.

Joan Chandler
identity packages . resumes . web sites . blogs . press releases . brochures . memoirs . edit your materials

No comments:

Post a Comment