Tuesday, September 8, 2020

Today and Tomorrow/September 8

 


I discovered Chicago Public Square when it was featured on my favorite podcast -- The Ben Joravsky Show.  It's a roundup of local news that's a lot more appealing than the silly local TV shows and, I have to admit, I no longer subscribe to a daily paper.

It's easy to get the Square.  Just go to the site and hit "Subscribe."  It's free.

One item remarked on the passing of Bob Rohrman, the TV car pitchman.  I thought: 
"Oh no, I'm not going to be able to get that "roar" out of my head today."  You've got to admit, he was a local phenom. 

The Square invites tips.  I sent this one in. When I saw a list of Chicago restaurants that are closing permanently, I paused at two:  Ronny's Steak House (did you ever have one of their $2 steak dinners?), and Harold's Chicken Shack (Marguerite told me about the fabulous south side favorite).  A heartfelt R.I.P. to both.



No comments:

Post a Comment