Saturday, August 24, 2024

Waiting for Beyonce



 No, she didn’t show up. but rumors of Beyonce’s anticipated arrival kept popping up in TV coverage.  Taylor Swift didn’t appear either, but don’t you think the frenzy surrounding her NFL romance gave the Dems the idea that maybe they should start loving football too?


Everyone loved the playlist piped during the roll call of the states.  I didn’t recognize any of the songs.  Maybe a hint of Bruce Springsteen?  


I loved Stevie Wonder and Patti LaBelle but when it comes to new (?) music, I am totally out of it.


My time comes when my friend Elaine posts her “wine time” songs on Facebook.  That’s when the lyrics I love come forth.

1 comment:

  1. I am sure I recognized less of the music than you did, Joan. I wonder why.😉

    ReplyDelete