Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Not So Sweet Candy

Anne, the building manager at my condo, "liked me."  She kept a big jar of candies on her very cluttered desk.  After I took a Butterfinger one day, she began to save them for me. 

I was so grateful to Anne when water damage ruined my bedroom carpeting. When I told her my homeowners insurance didn't cover it (zombie apocalypse?), she said, "Don't worry, I have a discretionary fund.  I'll replace your carpeting out of that."

I was thinking about that fund when reading the letter to all condo owners.  Anne and the assistant manager had been immediately fired for cause, and financial improprieties were being investigated.  Updates to follow.

So, I got the Butterfingers and Anne apparently had sticky fingers.  Sad.

They redecorated the new Manager's office.  She, and the office, are very sleek and professional.  No candy.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my I didn't expect that. I thought she was going to have diabetes from too much candy. I love Butterfingers too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We humans are complicated, each one of us with some imperfection. Sorry for the loss of her, Joan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sad to be generous with stolen money. It is a bittersweet story for sure.
    Lail Herman

    ReplyDelete