Friday, July 20, 2018

Old Age Ugly


No surgery!  No surgery!  Still in a state of euphoria after the orthopaedic doctor recommended other treatments for my very bum knee, I agreed to be fitted for this contraption.  I pick it up next week.
First, Dr. Feelgood gave me a steroid shot.  Walking better already.

I joked with my sports loving friends that my trade value was nil, and now a PED conviction.

The breast cancer industry got it right ... right away. . . with the flood of pink for ladies and the men who love them.  When I asked the knee fitter guy what colors the brace came in, he said black, black and black.

C'mon entrepreneurs.  And, not just for us oldsters.  There was a waiting room full of young, athletic types limping around on their ugly canes and crutches. 

At least my brace will be under the new very wide leg pants I plan to purchase.  Please tell me somewhere, they are still in style.

3 comments:

  1. Joan, really! I have a brace just like that. I know many very fit runners, tennis players, soccer players, ultimate frisbee players, etc. etc, who have a brace just like that. What's the problem? If it helps you walk so much the better to get on with your life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing - and what a good idea to change the color!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete