Friday, April 5, 2013

Roger Ebert Figured it Out










I read Roger all the time because I never gave up my subscription to the Chicago Sun Times.  Roger wrote this in his memoir, LIFE ITSELF, and I hope to keep it in mind.

I believe that if, at the end, according to our abilities, we have done something to make others a little happier, and to make ourselves a little happier, that is about the best we can do.  To make others less happy is a crime. . . I didn't always know this and am happy I lived long enough to find it out.


I chose this picture because he never gave up on himself right to the end.

2 comments:

  1. One of my best friends, Laura Emerick, was his aditor at the SunTimes for the last 16 years and I feel I lost a friend that I really knew well, although I only met him a couple of times. I knew him through her. A man with a big heart, he was. So generous with everything specially with with his stars. He gave more stars to movies than most of the critics. Bless his heart. RIP Roger!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One particularly satisfying experience in my life was a Film Seminar given by Roger Ebert back in the 1980's. He gave a wonderful talk and he went way over the allotted time answering questions from everyone. Whenever I was on the fence about a movie, I would always check with Roger Ebert - he never steered me wrong. He will be greatly missed!

    ReplyDelete