Sunday, February 25, 2024

Sliding Doors


 Sliding Doors is a film that Bill produced in 1998.  It addressed a universal theme:  how our lives are affected by the decisions we make.  In this case, the story covers the two paths the character's life could take depending upon whether she catches a train.  It stars Gwyneth Paltrow as the girl with "two lives." Most of us spend a lot of mental energy contemplating "what if I had done this instead."  I know I do.  

Lately, in listening to the radio and TV, I've noticed that the expression "sliding doors" has come into our conversations.  As in "he had a sliding doors moment."  It's not often that a film title becomes part of our language that everyone understands.

Yogi Berra thought about it too: "When you reach a fork in the road, take it."

4 comments:

  1. Interesting metaphor I hadn't heard before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember that movie so well. Camille

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just looked to see where to stream it. I’d like to see it again. PK

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just catching up on your posts, Joan. Thanks for your thought-provoking comments. And was that movie really from 1998? I never saw it. Seems relevant for today. Kathy

    ReplyDelete