Saturday, February 17, 2024

Decent Guys


 When I wake up in the middle of the night, I usually listen to a podcast and eventually fall back asleep. Usually, I have only a vague memory of what the podcast was about.  But sometimes I am so interested that I remain awake.

The Bill Bradley interview was compelling.  You remember him:  the basketball champion who became a Senator and then ran for President.  I was a volunteer for that last campaign.  He lost out to Al Gore.

Bradley has developed a one man show about his life and his values.  He's taken it around the country and there's a video of it streaming on Max.  He says he hopes his story will bring some healing to us and the country.

Bill Bradley and Al Gore.  Imagine when we had a choice between two very decent guys.

1 comment:

  1. I also worked for Bill Bradley. He was my hero: Rhodes Scholar, athlete, free of corruption, scrupulous in his actions, who worked to uplift all of us. Imagine that!

    ReplyDelete