Sunday, February 11, 2024

A New Look


 I've spent the last few days enjoying a new look at life.  My brain has been stretched by seeing alternative expectations.

On Friday, I saw The Monk and the Gun.  This is a film that Bill's production company financed and encouraged.  For a few hours I watched another way to be human.  It is funny, deep and persuasive.  I hope it becomes on of those stories that sticks around for a long time.  We need it.

Yesterday I watched the Netflix documentary about the creation of the anthem We Are The World. All of the top stars in popular music left their agents and handlers outside the room.  The collaboration demanded community over competition.  It was magic.

Today is Super Bowl Sunday in the U.S.  Hundreds of millions will watch the intense competition.  I'm one of them.  Is this what unites us here today?


1 comment:

  1. Sports might be what is left that unites us. Tim Alberta's recent book "The Kingdom, the Power, and the Glory" offers a very different view of
    our combative world, looking at the internal and external collapse of attempts to live according to the words of Jesus within great numbers of Evangelical churches. Worth reading.

    ReplyDelete