Sunday, March 3, 2024

Life's Purpose?


 I'm not sure if lives have any "purpose."  But I, and everyone I've talked to about this, seem to want to give our life some meaning.  It satisfies some need.  And, we want the purpose to be a noble one.  Not something mean, evil or trivial.  Most important, we want to decide.

These ideas exist in a sea of other ideas. Is our life decided by karma?  God's plan?  A higher power? Randomness?

Of these choices, I''ll acknowledge randomness.  Every choice we make can be interrupted without notice.  The effort remains worthwhile.

5 comments:

  1. A thoughtful essay in a few words. Thanks, Joan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life is a gift. Whether we see the gift from our parents or a god. It is a gift given to us. And it is ours to choose what to do with that gift.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was from Jean Donahue, not anonymous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought your perspective was extraordinarily insight. Camille

    ReplyDelete