Sunday, March 19, 2023

It's Classic

 


I'm in love with the World Baseball Classic.  When I told this to my friend Myles, he couldn't believe it. "In the middle of March Madness, you're watching baseball?"  "Well", I said defensively, "I did keep turning to the Northwestern vs. UCLA game and I stayed for the few minutes when they got close."

But I didn't miss the grand slam that pulled the USA ahead of Venezuela in the eighth and sealed the victory.  Remember, the USA team is not like Jordan's Dream Team that big-footed USA against the world in the Olympics.  There are just as many major leaguers on the Latin America teams. It's a fair fight.

This brand of baseball is so exciting.  Packed stands.  Giant flags waving.  Players that put every emotion on display in the dugout and on the field.  The players say that are pumped!

USA vs. Cuba tonight.  A game a White Sox fan can really love as we are well represented on both teams.  Can the tiny baseball-mad island beat the giant to the north?

This is the season of upsets.  Time to join the fun.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the heads-up, Joan. I've heard the ballplayers are really into the experience. Is Japan still thought to be favored? You are the expert!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As far as I know, it's a free-for-all!

    ReplyDelete