Monday, March 27, 2023

Another Mystery

 


The mysterious act of kindness the other day prompts me to mention once again one of my favorite moments that remains unexplained.  Shortly after suffering a heart attack, I was on my way to the doctor when I stopped at Whole Foods.  When I returned to my locked car, there was a small enamel cross on the front seat.  My friends wondered as I did: How did it there?  

I ended up not being invested in solving the mystery as much as enjoying how it made me feel:  Alive and fortified for the future.  During the same time, my friend Phyllis gave me a little Buddha.  I said to myself:  "Now I'm really covered."


3 comments:

  1. I am glad you survived the heart attack with whatever helped. Coincidence, an act of god or gods, or expert MDs, you choose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say: “Embrace it all.”

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed hearing your 2 most recent posts in person. Really lovely stories of the small joys in life.

    ReplyDelete