Saturday, May 25, 2024

The Power of a Smile

 


I don't know when it started but for a long time now I've worn a smile whenever I'm out.  In the elevator and hallway.  In the garage or the grocery.  Sometimes I'll say: "Good morning." Or, "Have a nice day."  I'm constantly amazed and heartened by the response. People hold open the door for me.  My car is in a convenient location when I leave in the morning.  The gal at the Jewel gladly shows me where my favorite cookies have been relocated. 

 Like meets like.  Game meets game.  

These little moments are a carve out, under the rule of good cheer.  

Have a great day.


4 comments:

  1. A smile and a few sweet words. A magic potion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This makes me smile. Love you Joan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have always been a positive smiling person!! 💞💞 Camille

    ReplyDelete
  4. So easy to do, so powerful a gesture.

    ReplyDelete