Friday, September 11, 2015

C'mon Al


C'mon Al, please lighten up.  I saw you on TV last night and I felt sad.  That's something I thought I would never say about Al Frankin:  the man with the grin, the chuckle and the dead aim at the overblown.  Yes Al, we all know you are a SENATOR now, and it is SERIOUS work.  But does it have to be a metamorphous?  If so, this is one in reverse:  the beautiful butterfly that you were on Saturday Night Live has become the grey caterpiller we don't pay attention to.

When asked to comment on the Presidential candidacy of Donald Trump, I sat up.  "If anyone can handle this one, it's our Al," I grinned.  Instead, he went all sour.  "I am a SENATOR now."  He looked like he would go home and burn all of his copies of Rush Limbaugh is a Big Fat Idiot.

They say Washington ruins everyone.  It does take its toll.

1 comment:

  1. That's really too bad about Al. I have to admit that I am finding it increasingly difficult to keep my humor in the realm of politics, especially when trying to interact with the Christian Republican wing of my family. My work schedule is not allowing me to attend the Nation meetings in Chicago, so for the time being, I will have to find my solace in the Freethinkers Group that I found up here. We are trying to get some people together to go to the Fighting Bob Fest in Madison on September 19th.

    ReplyDelete