Thursday, March 7, 2013

Death...Death...and Now Life

My friends have been asking me why I haven't been writing lately.  I'm not sure why, but what came to mind is sadness stopping my pen.  Sadness that every time I look at the news, someone I admire, or remember fondly has died (Van Cliburn, Dawn Clark Netsch, Chavez).

So, I was thrilled last night when my friend Margaret called to tell me that she is expecting a new grandchild in July!  And, it's a boy who will be a great cousin to her other baby boy born last year.

And, since I'm in a good mood now, I can laugh at the goofiness of Dennis Rodman becoming our "diplomat of the day."  I say, with things going the way they do in Washington, Dennis was inevitable. Kind of like when Rodney King broke through with "Can't we all just get along?"


1 comment:

  1. Really Nice blog, Joan - a lot of my same sentiments.

    Stay Well, Pam

    ReplyDelete