Saturday, September 21, 2024

The Oldster's Dilemma




 My car died in the parking lot of Auto Zone on Clark.  Mario, my garage guru, warned me that he heard funny noises when he started it.  So, I was there seeking a check up on the battery.  Nothing wrong there.

It was when I attempted to leave that the death occurred.  Turned the key.  Nothing. The resurrection began when my fixer guru showed up to take me home while I waited for his tow truck, and the diagnosis, and dreaded estimate of costs.


My 2002 Acura has given me a wonderful, free life,  I go where I want, when I want, sharing the ride or not. And now,  my four wheeled companion is beginning to wear down.  I think we’re dwindling at about the same pace. 


No one at the DMV is grabbing my keys.  Should I surrender?  

3 comments: