Tuesday, July 2, 2019

On Stage


Marianne Williamson collected enough support to appear at the Democratic debate.  TV pundits and some of my friends considered her appearance as "flaky" and dismissed her as a waste of time.  I am not as biased against the "L" word (love) in politics.  If there's a better force against war and power grabs, I'd like to know.

Andrew Yang also earned his moment.  He was met with more respect.  If we are going to "make it about the future," he is the one with the most pragmatic idea: guaranteed income. It's been a few years since I read the book "The Rise of the Robots," and became convinced that AI will eventually eliminate most jobs.

The fate of the earth was barely mentioned.  That strikes me as being pretty "flaky."

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you. I was glad to hear Yang address a serious upcoming issue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I first heard Andrew Yang speak a few months ago and I adamantly agree that guaranteed income will be necessity in the future. I would go even further than to say that AI will eventually displace most jobs. I can imagine a future in which robots decide that we humans are not necessary anymore. On a more cheerful note, I am eagerly anticipating our lunch in Greektown next week.

    ReplyDelete