Monday, March 12, 2018

I've Been Reading for This



Many of my friends know that my favorite author is Dick Francis.  I cried when I turned the last page of the last book (there were more than 40 of them).  But, of course, after a little time away, I started reading my favorites all over again.

Why such devotion?  I connected to his heroes who were mostly the same in a different story each time.  Difficult childhood.  Time spent alone.  Mental agility in chaotic situations.  A stoic approach to life.

The Dick Francis stories take place in the world of British horse racing.  Many of the heroes are jockeys.  When they fall and need lots of stitches and are covered in black and blue, they pick themselves up and go on solving crimes.

Bonecrack sounds like a good title to start reading again.

1 comment:

  1. My Mom loved them too. I think I tried once and couldn't get into them. But you never know!

    ReplyDelete