Friday, August 4, 2017

A Fading -- But Not Silent Voice



I didn't realize how much I miss Bill Moyers until I heard him interviewed the other day.  There was a time when I always could find The Bill Moyers Journal somewhere on PBS.  His personality and his choice of guests made me feel that somehow the world was okay.

He's 83 now, and still writes a blog and an occasional column.  When I see what passes for a White House press briefing these days, it's hard to think that the same podium was occupied by Bill when he was LBJ's press secretary.

After he talked about how Johnson worked with Congress to get medicare passed, he had a chance to be philosophical at the end of the interview.

"I don't know where I came from or where I'm going," he said.  "Religion is where I got my questions answered and life is where I got my answers questioned."

I'm glad he's still here.

1 comment: