Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Dunn Goes to Hollywood



I cringe every time Adam Dunn, the White Sox strike out king, comes to the plate.  Dunn, with the big contract and the puny performance record, is the one guy on the team  I really love to hate. So, I'm going to surprise myself today, cut him some slack, and actually admire him.

I learned that Dunn agreed to invest in the movie "The Dallas Buyers Club." I had heard that this story of a courageous early-on crusader for people afflicted with aids had kicked around Hollywood for years trying to find funding.  When it finally got made, with help from people like Dunn, it earned rave reviews and is up for an Academy Award.

So Adam Dunn is going to be in the Oscar audience Sunday night where he has no chance of striking out because the film is already a winner.

And yes, I'll start hating him again the first time he whiffs with men on base and walks back to the dugout bat in hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment