Sunday, August 20, 2023

Unexpected


 Yesterday I was doing a crossword on my phone.  Every few minutes an ad pops up.  This time it was from teepublic, advertising t shirts.  “Wait a minute!”, I said to myself with a jolt. The name “horberg”  was in the space bar.


I texted Bill.  “Are you selling t shirts on the internet?”  “Yes”, was his answer.  T shirts and sweatshirts with his drawings of authors and others in the film noir genre.


So now, I’m going to get a Raymond Chandler sweatshirt.  Chandler to Chandler.


But here’s what’s driving me crazy.  How did my crossword, or teepublic, know to put “horberg” and me together in the ad? 


An internet mystery.  Not worthy of a Chandler plot, but just the same.


P.S. That's the man, not the drawing.



3 comments:

  1. Oh my! How cool! That Billy os creative. Can you send me the site ? ❤️📚Carole

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea of Bill's. I love the tee for Chander. I so remember when you decided on that name for yourself, Joan!!! Love, Camille

    ReplyDelete
  3. Google collects everything you on the internet or even when you're near your phone. I told a friend about a New Yorker article I read about planned parenthood. 2 min. later I got a fund raising call from pp! I never got a c from them before. Google is insidious.

    ReplyDelete