Monday, August 15, 2022

A Long Time Leftie Loses Her Mind

 


I can't help it.  Whenever I see Merrick Garland, I see the ghost of J. Edgar Hoover.  When I see those earnest FBI agents in their black suits and tiny ties explaining it all on TV, I think of those same agents roaming the Chicago Stadium, snapping our pictures as we listened to Martin Luther King.

Trump walked away with nuclear secrets.  Just like the Rosenbergs, right?  

Lori Lightfoot is Mayor.  I wonder what Fred Hampton could have become.

6 comments:

  1. That’s a good idea. Electric chair

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joan, this is the first post in which I’m not 100% in agreement. Trump probably broke the law. (I say probably as he’s technically innocent until proven guilty). I support the FBI implementing a legal warrant. I can’t speak knowledgeably re Lightfoot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Hoover's FBI was a menace. Garland seems to be a good man. Is saying that still allowed?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Of course it's allowed. Life laughs at us so many times. If Garland had been on the Supreme Court now, he wouldn't have much power.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also disagree. My feeling is we finally have the kind of attorney general who should be in charge. When I read how very difficult it is to prove intent, I think he's doing exactly the right thing,step by careful step.

    ReplyDelete