Monday, July 4, 2022

Hot Dogs Forever

 


Sammie's Hot Dog Stand was on the corner of Cornelia and Broadway, just a few steps from my apartment.  It was just a cart on the sidewalk, but Sammie had all of the Chicago-Style fixins'.  I was a simple mustard and onions girl.  Years later, I learned that Sammie had been able to retire and move to Florida.  The American Dream.

Doug Sohn, the gourmet hot dog king, was able to penetrate Chicago-Style tradition.  He is still missed by his devoted followers.

For my birthday, my friend Myles promised me a jumbo kosher hot dog fired up on his grill.  Delicious!

And, of course, there is nothing more satisfying than a hot dog at the ballpark while watching a White Sox winner!

Happy 4th everyone.

5 comments:

  1. My mouth is watering!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I share the sentiment except I'm a vegetarian.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love them with EVERYTHING!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. for some reason it came out anonymous but it's me, Bonnie McG, Joan!

      Delete
  4. I have lived in New York State for 37 years and have searched this whole time for a kosher hot dog as good as I got in Chicago. And I miss the francheesie which was one of those great kosher hot dogs wrapped in bacon and split down the middle with cheese. So delicious and crispy! Nothing like that here…go figure. Fran Welch

    ReplyDelete