Wednesday, August 12, 2020

today and tomorrow/August 12


Kidz in the Hood

Marguerite was the first to tell me: "They're tearing down our apartment on Belmont.  I saw the bulldozers today."  Another place gone.  Nothing new about that.  Orrington House and my Sorority House at Northwestern barely survived my graduation.  A few weeks ago I drove by 454 Belmont.  With barely a moment for the memories to subside, a gleaming new highrise had popped up to alter the landscape.

So, I'm especially touched to see that Bill has captured 454 perfectly in one of his latest paintings.

Stuart, the Discoverer

Today, one of the messages from my favorite travel site, The Discoverer, was about gorgeous places in Arizona that we may not know about.  I'm emailing it.  Of course, I immediately thought of my friend Stuart who, from his home in Sedona, has probably explored every inch of Arizona.  The last time I heard from him, he said he was tired from taking 22,000 steps that day.  We love his photos...and his stamina!




No comments:

Post a Comment